Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chile Relleno Casserole


I am a huge fan of Chile Relleno. Every time were out for Mexican food I will always get it. Mmmmm. My mom made this casserole growing up which is where I got my love for this tasty dish. There isn't much too it and I am still trying to find a sauce for the top of it that I might think could be better but for now, this will do!

Here's what you need:

3 Cans whole green chiles (slice down the middle)
1 Can Evaporated Milk
1 Small block of grated Jack Cheese (or Cheddar)
3 Beaten Eggs
1 Tsp. Flour
Salt and Pepper

1 Jar of Pasta Sauce (Prego)
1 Jar of Pace Picante Salsa

Preheat oven to 350. Lay chiles on bottom of 13x9 pan. Combine Milk, Eggs, Cheese, and flour and pour over top of chiles. (Sometimes I add another can of diced green Chiles in the batter). Bake for 30 minutes. Once the time is up, combine Pasta Sauce and Salsa in bowl, use just HALF of each jar. It can be too saucy. Pour on top of dish and bake for another 15-20 minutes.

No comments: