Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Baguettewich

You know how I love Fresh and Easy? Maybe cause it's amazing and you can get everything there. We swim at a girls house I work with every day and today her awesome husband made us Sandwiches. He said he got all the stuff to Fresh and Easy so off I went right after work! They were so yummy I had to come home and make it for dinner!! What you need:

1 French Baguette
Butter
Italian Seasoning
1 Sliced Yellow Onion
Deli Honey Ham
Deli Smoked Turkey
Your favorite Cheese
Light Mayo
Toppings of your choice: Avacado, Tomato, Lettuce, etc.

First: Caramelize your Onion in Lots O' butter.
Second: Cut your baguette right in half
Third: Spread lightly with butter and add a few sprinkles of Italian Seasonings (I just used what I have in my spice rack).
Toast that sucker on Broil.
Fourth: Top on your meats and cheese. Take away your top half of the baguette and toast just the bottom half until the cheese is all melty and delicious.
Fifth: Toss on your caramelized onions. Mmm mmm mmm.
Add some light Mayo (If you prefer, I do :]) and add whichever other fill ins you like.
Devour and Enjoy!!
Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

nate and amy crandell said...

ummm I just had breakfast but I'm suddenly starving again! This is the best food blog ever I love it, I just noticed it this morning!

Rachel said...

YAY!! I was just going to write you and ask for your recipes but then I found your food blog!! You need to give me the brownie thing you were talking about to. Sounds delicious!!

Rachel said...

OH and PS... in France they sell baguette sandwiches all over the streets and they are absolutely amazing and I swore I was going to make them all the time when we got back and never have!! now I can try your recipe!!